Friday, September 18, 2009

Powder Coating

Powder coating MDF is certainly not considered a "new" technology, but it is certainly still an emerging technology.

I stopped at a company today to provide possible automatic surface preparation solutions for a company that has, in my humble opinion, nearly perfected this technology. There product has the best finish I have seen yet. They also had a full range of finishes from textured to high gloss.

If this is something you've been looking for on any of your design projects large or small, this company is somebody that should definitely be looked at.

The company's name is BTD Wood Powder Coating Inc. in Brainerd, MN. A good point of contact there is Mr. Achim Burgardt.

This is only just a little unsolicited information because I was so impressed. Extremely well done.

The sky is definitely the limit on this process. I can't wait to see what comes next.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the endorsement, Tim.

    Anybody interested please visit www.btdwoodpowdercoating.com ... soon (maybe) featuring Heesemann sanders. :)

    Cheers - Achim Burgardt

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to sound rather naive because I'm new here and work outside the field. I did not know it was possible to powder coat wood. I have some limited experiences with metal powder coating in the automotive industry, both OEM and aftermarket, but this comes as a surprise to me. On what kind of wood products would I expect to see powder coating?

    ReplyDelete